Friday, April 24, 2015

Have you ever gotten lost in downtown Baltimore city?

Have you ever gotten lost in downtown Baltimore city? Does it make you afraid that you will late home in short time ?I've gotten this includes lost many times, yet every time I get lost, I find a new place new which  I've never been in before. Museums, restaurants, parks, coffee shops and many good places to study.

     When I was looking for my friend, I stopped in the wrong place. I’d just arrived in Baltimore city and I didn't know the area. Everyone was staring at me with strange eyes and many questions. I skipped a large number of blocks to get the right places then I decide to take a cab. At that moment, I was standing at the corner at 7 pm with nobody that I knew and looking for a cap, I suddenly smelled a coffee. Then I turned around and found Red Emma’s, a place with a bookstore and coffee shop together, I went inside and it was one of the greatest place I've ever seen in my life. The atmosphere was cool and you could feel it, there were a lot of artists around, also people who are working architects. I called my friend and give her a location, She come and she loved it too. It was a really great experience with a girl in the middle of no where


     An artist was my first job, and it has made the person who I am now. Baltimore is the city of art and it’s good for people who love art and graffiti .Therefor, Baltimore is a the great place where you find yourself surrounded by millions of  gorgeous panting which you can feel them as well . One day I tried to go out to the market that located next to my house but suddenly I changed my mind and looked for the Safeway in Charles St which has many good stuff that I enjoy looking around. So, I walked by myself and saw the most beautiful graffiti that I'd never seen in my life. I was amazed by the beauty of color, idea also the way that they used it to have the perfection of imagine. I stopped by Safeway but I had that feeling which I would rather enjoy walking and seeing, rather than shopping and grabbing some food. The more I walked, the more I wanted to see this graffiti.


    We all miss our mom's food, when the flavor in our country's food especially. A friend of mine recommend an Indian restaurant in Baltimore. I told my sister and my brother too, so they were excited to visit the place and to have a lovely dinner together. We went to this place but we couldn't find any Indian one around. There was a pizza place, subway and some small restaurant with a small door which was open with a small note that it's an Afghanistan restaurant. I asked my bother and sister and they didn't care as they were starving so it didn't matter about the place where they has a tasty food. That night was the night from our country and our mom's food also the people around and atmosphere .The food was delicious and the staff were friendly. We enjoyed that night, however, when we went out and walked 2 block we found the Indian restaurant which we were looking for originally. Luckily we lost and had such a good night with an amazing heavenly food.


    I always ask myself what I should to do when I’m lost and now I think I have the best answer try to learn more. I found my favorite places when I got lost in Baltimore. The more I got lost, the faster I have fallen in love with the beauty of this traditional and historical city.

Written by: Wafa Alenzi


No comments:

Post a Comment