Friday, April 24, 2015

DC Metro




Does driving from Gaithersburg to DC everyday make you feel frustrated? Do you feel like you wasting time and gas? Well, there is a great solution for that which is using the metro. By using it you can save is money and gas. If you always use your car traveling from one place to another or going to work for a long distance, then you need to get your car fixed, in order to maintain it. To save on wear and gear, you defiantly need to use the metro.   I used to live in Gaithersburg, MD for almost 8 months. And I used to take the metro to DC every week to go to the Saudi admission culture mission. The first few months I used to go with my friends to DC by car. It wasn't easy to get there because we drive during the rush hours. Imagine yourself waiting for lots of red traffic lines just to get green, I hate this feeling. Sometimes we stop by a gas station, to fill out the car, and it’s not cheap to afford gas payment, I used to pay my friend for gas because he didn't have enough money, and I really couldn't afford it sometimes. 3 months after I felt like I’m broken, and didn't know what to do. I really couldn't go to the Saudi admission culture mission, and it was urgent because I was checking my scholarship status. However, later on a new friend of mine suggested to me to try the metro. And one day I asked my friend, the one that I go with every week, to try the metro with me. We tried it, and it was pretty convenient.
It’s easy to use the metro. If you live in Gaithersburg, then try to take the red line in order to go to DC. Shady grove will be the best station for you. When you get there, you have to make sure that you will have the card pass. There are two types of it. The first type is you buy a regular ticket . You can pay $5 to go back and forth. Or you can pay more if you want explore places in DC. The second type is a permanent card, and you can do the same thing as well. Once you get these type of cards, then you can move to the place where you swipe your card in order to get in to the metro. Once you get there, you might notice lots of stops but keep looking at the map till you get to DC. There are two main stops at DC. Metro Center and the Gallery Place. At Metro Center you can find the National Mall, monuments and museums. If you go to Gallery Place you will find Chinatown and some other places as well.



For more info, you can visit this website: http://www.wmata.com/fares/purchase/passes.cfm


 Written by: Aqeel Alsulami

No comments:

Post a Comment